10.10.2009

Starting the Blog

Well, this is it. I've finally started the blog that will serve as a spillover for all of my insane and terrible thoughts. This is, in fact, a journal of sorts...and though I am very opinionated, I know very well that many of the people out there are just as--if not more--opinionated as I. I'm not going to use this to complain of politics (I don't care), complain of the environment (I don't care), or complain of people (Except for Uwe Boll. Ruining two of my favorite mediums one film at a time). No, I will use this to complain about things that actually matter to me. Films, Music, Video games...stuff like that.

One thing you will hear me complain about a lot is HORROR FILMS. I love horror films, I have since I was a little lad, but I cannot understand what has happened to this fantastic medium. Horror films have never really been 'great', but there was a time when they were good. Back when Psycho was considered horrifying, and Jaws was vastly unsettling. There was a time once where horror films were still terrifying...not like the rape strewn, cheese-tastic, piece of crap films we have now. I miss those days...because I missed them. Sadly, I was born after a time, and look to it with downcast eyes and ask "Why. Why did I of all people have to miss those days."

I now, however, look to those days with hope, and I say to myself "I will avenge thee." I'm here now calling for a Renaissance of terror. We need a few good directors with a deep understanding of the horror genre to come together as one and start pumping out good horror films. Just one after another- "Boom, Boom, Boom--Horror!" I believe that we as a country can come together and demand more of the film industry. We can demand to be scared again. No more 3-D! No more men in masks! No more abundances of unnecessary sex and gore! Let's be scary again!

1 comment:

Why, I thank you very much for this! I cannot withold my excitment! My face feels joy!