11.09.2009

So, I'm a geek. This, time and time again, has proven it self apparent in many of the things I do on a daily basis. Recently, I've been counting down the minutes and days until the sequel to one of my favorite video games of all time hits the shelves. "What is it called?" you ask? I shall enlighten you, my silly little locusta--Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Yeah, it's a mouthful, but the game is totally worth it.

Now, you should know that Call of Duty has been around for a pretty long time. The first three games were set in World War Two, and sold very well. Call of Duty 3 was handled by an outside company, and they pretty much botched things up {The moral being Outsourcing sucks--don't do it.}. However, the father company returned and created the fourth game, which deviated from the World War Two setting for something much mor familiar--Modern Warfare. The game wasn't actually 'Modern', and the war isn't a real one, but the game itself had a great story, and even better gameplay. I also have to bring up the fact that the game was absolutley photo-realistic, and it had a multiplayer that redifined multiplayer. (For me, anyways)

Then, for some insane reason, they let the fifth game go to that outside company again, only they did a pretty decent job and I was vastly impressed. Not with the game, so much as the arcade style game you get for beating the game: "NAZI ZOMBIES" (What doesn't sound great about that?)

Finally, however, the game has come full circle, and returned to the father company for another fist pumping, white knuckled frag-fest. It is November 9th. The game comes out on November 10th. I can hardly hold my fanboy bladder. This is Chris--Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, I thank you very much for this! I cannot withold my excitment! My face feels joy!